OnTRAC TOGETHER for God’s WORD
BIBLE MATTERS: We believe that the Bible matters and we seek to stay OnTRAC Together in promoting God’s WORD. Here are a series of short articles addressing different “Bible Matters” (questions, concerns). We pray you will find them helpful in your journey towards a greater appreciation of God’s Word for our living and thinking.
No person, organization or media has the authority to express an official view or position on behalf of The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS), this right having been reserved exclusively to the General Conference of MCS as a whole. This holds true also for The Trinity Annual Conference of MCS (TRAC). Whilst our writers are all TRAC Methodist preachers, and have been invited to write these articles for us, the viewpoints expressed do not necessarily represent the majority view of Methodists in Singapore.
May we “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” as we consider together Bible Matters That Matter!
“To Christ be glory both now and forever! Amen.” (2 Peter 3:18)
Here are some of the Bible Matters that we will cover in the weeks ahead.
- Does the Bible tell us the age of the earth? (Mr Daniel Lee)
- Should we distrust a Bible which commands genocide? (Mr Gilbert Lok)
- Can we trust that the Bible is reliable? (Rev Joel Yong)
- Can we take Proverbs as Promises? (Rev Benjamin Fong)
- Can women minister and teach in church? (Pastor Tay Li Ping)
- Is there a generational curse on our behavior that extends to our 3rd and 4th generations? (Deuteronomy 5:9) (Rev Daniel C Tan)
- Does the practice of “singing in the Spirit” in charismatic worship services contravene the Bible’s instruction in 1 Corinthians 14:13-20?1 (Pastor Joey Chen)
- Should all disciples handle poisonous snakes? (Rev Clarence Lee)
- Should we take numbers literally in Revelation? Are there only 144,000 saints? (Rev Anthony Lee)
- Why Do Bible Translations Differ? (Rev Dr Gordon Wong)